Delphi Prana Flow Retreat
October 8 - 15, 2021
Our Fall Prana Flow yoga and movement immersions as we create a "sacred shala" in the ancient mountains of Delphi overlooking the sea.
We will listen to the power of nature within and in the sacred temples, holy springs, ancient fire, and invigorating prana- bathed in the ancient space of Delphi.
Our immersion includes six hours of (morning and afternoon) movement meditation, sacred study and pilgrimage within Delphi and the ancient pathways down to the sea where pilgrims from around the world came to walk through the same. Millions of olive trees to the sacred Castilia Springs and some of the oldest shrines to the Great Mother, Gaia from there the pathways continue to the forest where the Maenades or earliest female dance tradition in Greece.
In This Mythic Landscape
We will have a summer base in which to explore Delphi in safe, outdoor, meditation explorations. We will provide the hub and curation of daily Yogadventures and nourishment and you can choose the accommodation and Greek feasting that suits your rhythm and budget.
All are free to be in our open circle offering of yoga, prana flow movement meditation and free-form movement by the ocean, in the mountains, on pilgrimage trails, meadows, mountain peaks, forests and ruins of some of the earliest movement meditation forms.
Experience the sacredness of retreat to fertilize your embodiment, teaching, and life in our sacred pilgrimage to Delphi - “the navel of the world” is one of the most sacred landscapes where the ancient temples in the mountains overlook the sea and the local Greek food, culture and music nourishes the soul.
- Experience Prana Flow Yoga and Movement Meditation with Shiva and Global Friends in sacred space overlooking the sea and pilgrimage trails through millions of olive trees
- Sunrise and sunset in one of the oldest temples to Gaia at the Athena Pronea Temple
- Meditation at Castillia Spring where the pilgrimage to the Oracle began
- Pilgrimages to the Mt. Parnassus
- Swimming in the sea where Apollo came on the Delfini or dolphins from Crete
- Learn Greek sacred line dancing with local teachers
- Meditate in the original site of the Oracle in the Temple of Appollo
- Pilgrimage to the sacred cave complex above Delphi Yoga, dancing, movement meditation in nature
- Expedition to The Archaeological Museum of Delphi (tickets not included)
You are registering for the retreat portion only - all accommodations are to be secured on your own
- Wonderful budget single and shared rooms available
- We will provide the hub and curation of daily Yogadventures and nourishment (or you can be on your own) and you can choose the accommodation and Greek feasting that suits your rhythm and budget.
- Our partners at the hotel Art Pythia can provide you with a roommate so that a week's accommodation can be as low as $170 for the week or you can find your own apartments
- You can book your rooms at the Delphi Palace (which will be our hub) or at other options nearby.
Below are some recommendations:
Optional Meal Package available and includes: four packeta dinners, six breakfasts/brunches - click as "optional items" at registration
- Three hours in the morning with Shiva as your Prana Flow asana guide and three hours in the evening for Yogadventures exploration with four picnic meals included with Shiva as your guide (please allow flexibility of days and hours)
- Pilgrimage with live ancient music on the trail of the Maeneades, female dance tradition
- Movement meditation in the temples of Apollo and original site of the Oracle
- Meal package option: includes four Packeta dinners, plus six breakfasts/brunches (or meals on your own)
- Accommodations: choose from our recommended list on registration tab - wonderful budget single and shared rooms available - you can book your rooms at the Delphi Palace or at other options nearby
- Transportation: travel to Delphi, transportation in Delphi (beach or mountains - some guests rent cars and we can share and pitch in for cost)
- Two dinners on one's own or meals not listed which each guest secures on their own
- Tickets to Archaeological Museum of Delphi
- Our partners at the hotel Art Pythia can provide you with a roommate so that a week's accommodation can be as low as $170 for the week or you can find your own apartments.
- Mountain bike explorations
- Healing massage
- Meal package
- Para gliding over Delphi
- Kayaking in the sea
- Hiking up the pilgrims trails - Greek feast - return by van
- Tour of Temple of Apollo and Museum
WITH YOUR GUIDE
Shiva's retreats explore the art of yoga in practical, creative and life transforming ways. Her studies in the Krishnamacharya lineage, tantra, ayurveda, bhakti, kalaripayattu, world dance, yogic art and somatic movement infuse her approach to living yoga and embodying the flow. She is a leading teacher of Prana Flow yoga worldwide. Shiva is known for bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners in creative, dynamic and life-transforming ways and for offering the synthesis form of vinyasa flow out in the world.
As a global adventurer, she has lead over 80 retreats and pilgrimages nationally and internationally as well as served as a creative catalyst for conferences, festivals and actions for the environment, yoga and the arts including the third annual Yogini Conference of Kripalu and Omega. Shiva writes for Yoga Journal and is the author of award-winning CD's and DVD's to empower and transform yoga home practice.
What People Are Saying
A heartfelt thanks for all the hard work you do to bring change to us all. I feel reborn and the way I feel now after what was the most memorable of weeks I wish it could last forever.... the light in my smile is because of you." - A
"The experience shared with you all was such a cleanse for so many aspect of my life, lots of unwanted things were released from my being in those potent days that set me up for my amazing new experiences, I'm grateful" - L
"It has been nearly a year since my heart was cracked open with all you beautiful souls as witness and guides. I am so humbled and honored" - K.
YOGADVENTURES CANCELLATION/PAYMENT POLICY:
*Yogadventures Cancellation/Refund Policy: A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is required to hold your space for each event and is due at the time of registration. Full balance due must be paid 60 days prior to event start date - if we do not receive by this time we will automatically charge to the card we have on file from your initial registration. Cancellations must be sent in email to email@example.com - please be sure to get a confirmation that your cancellation was received. --60 days or more prior to the event: your entire payment will be refunded, less $500 non-refundable deposit plus a $50 administration fee. --59-30 days prior to the teacher training: less your $500 non-refundable deposit, your remaining balance can be applied to a future retreat within 2 years --29 days or less prior to the event you are responsible for full payment and your card on file will be charged.