Prana Flow Code of Respect
Prana Flow Code of Respect emerged as a tool for creating greater connection, continuity, and clarity for the transmission of a Prana Flow class, workshop, teacher training, and most of all Living Yoga.
The Power of the Circle is Basic Respect and Equality for All
As a practitioner, a teacher, and as a synthesis community we respect the teachings of yoga and all traditions. Prana Flow is growing around the world from the seeds of community that we are. Each one of you plays a part in the unfolding, Our hearts give us guidance.
When there is good intention and integrity in action, then the unfolding of the vinyasa is an incredible manifestation of flow, of nature of the intelligence of the life-force. The simple vision has always been for a Prana Flow- Energetic Vinyasa practice to have roots, pathways, and open spaces for people of all backgrounds to embody the flow of their life-intelligence.
We honor the guidelines for integrity and respect that are shared in the world's spiritual traditions and in yoga as the yamas and niyamas: life principles of cultivating life-energy and respect.
These yamas (living principles) that guide us in the basics of respecting life and each other are:
- Ahimsa- Caring for life; Non-harming
- Asteya- Respect for the Source, Non-appropriation
- Satya- Honoring the truth, integrity in speech and action
- Brahmacharya- Honoring Sexual Energy
- Aparigraha- Healthy boundaries, Honoring Process, Non-Grasping, and Non-Greediness
The niyamas (internal principles) guide us in honoring and caring for our life energy and the Source
- Saucha- Respect and caring for inner and outer sacred space usually translated as "cleanliness"
- Santosha- Inner contentment that brings peace to the heart in the process of unfolding with natural rhythms
- Tapas- Inner and outer fire keeping, unwavering devotion, staying with a transformative process till complete, steadiness of awareness.
- Svadyaya- connection and observation of the "sva" essence of the self, reflection and study of sacred texts.
- Isvara-pranidanda- offering (pranidana) everything- thoughts, speech, action- in every aspects of your life to the experience of the Source (Isvara)
We feel within our own hear the heart connection, inner intelligence, and personal integrity that arise naturally from respect of personal and collective embodiment within and in our life.
Copyright Samudra Global School of Living Yoga